Monday, December 20, 2010

My Diet of Choice/Weeks 1, 2, 3

About 4 months ago, a dear friend of mine began talking with me about an amazing diet that actually resets and retrains the metabolism. It is called the hCG diet, and while some people say it is harmful or bad for you, this has been thoroughly researched and okayed by doctors. hCG is something that occurs naturally in our bodies, and what this diet does is add more hCG to the body, which then tells our bodies to pull energy from fat stores, rather than keeping that same fat, or stored energy, for another time. This diet is also very food-specific, and extremely low-calorie. For this reason, I meet twice a week with a nutritionist and counselor for this diet.


As I mentioned in my first post, at the beginning of this diet, I weighed in at 450 pounds. My BMI was a scary 76.5. 
November 28th I began the diet. (This blog is catching up, then will continue as I go.)


Here are the before pictures. I can't wait to post some progress pictures, but in the meantime... here they are.






Week 1 Nov 28-Dec 4
Weight: 448.8
BMI: 76.5


I began this week with a very restricted, 500 calorie diet, and found it to be more difficult than I thought. I was hungry some of the time, and felt it might be too hard. 


Week 2 Dec 5-11
Weight:  426.2
BMI: 73.8


Week 2 was a little better, as my counselor adjusted the hCG amount that I take on a daily basis. I found it a little easier to get through the days without feeling hungry as often. It was nice to find that after even this short amount of time, I could stand easier, and for longer amounts of time.


Week 3 Dec 12-18
Weight: 416      Down 32.8 pounds!
BMI: 72.5         Down 4 points!


Week 3. I am finding that my clothes fit better, and I can get up easier. People are starting to notice that I am losing weight, and are complimenting me. I feel good about it, even though I may not show it. It is still strange for me to hear the compliments. A lot of people say that you can see it in my face and upper body a lot. 


I have been getting a few headaches this week, as my body is changing rapidly, and I continue to detox from things that have been a big part of my life until now, like food additives and preservatives. I have been so used to eating anything I want to eat, usually Subway and other pre-made things. I never used to cook, especially from scratch, but now my lifestyle is changing, and I am even starting to enjoy it.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm sure you can do it, go ahead, all you need is to want to do it and to change your life, sure you're a great inspiration Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work! I have shared your struggle, and I know from experience that once you get started on the path to losing weight, your passion for it will overflow into the lives of others as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go sarah!! I'm so proud of you - it's not easy making these lifestyle changes. Can't wait to see you and your progress next time we're visiting Lauren & Nick. I'll be watching you via this blog for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Teresa and thank you
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete